The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
We do not need Obama and his FDA goons.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago