President Obama is still in campaign mode, traveling...
I don't see a scenario where someone doesn't get a tax increase. Therefore, the republicans should get very very creative. Pass a tax increase on the "wealthy" BUT in the same bill, include provisions to cut the EPA, eliminate funding to planned parenthood, and de-fund Obamacare. Heck cut a couple other democrat programs in the same bill. THEN dare the Senate to pass it and Obama to sign it. The republicans give a valuable concession and it's back in Obama's court.
We’ve all heard about the “fiscal cliff.” But what does it mean? The media won’t bother to explain it in any detail, and people aren’t looking it up on their own. So, a great many Americans think it’s a physical place, a vacation destination of some sort. I understand people are busy with their lives, but a majority of Americans just voted to re-elect President Obama, a man whose failed leadership created this harmonic convergence of economic mess that is the fiscal cliff. So I say, “To hell with it; let’s jump.”
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago