President Obama is still in campaign mode, traveling...
I don't see a scenario where someone doesn't get a tax increase. Therefore, the republicans should get very very creative. Pass a tax increase on the "wealthy" BUT in the same bill, include provisions to cut the EPA, eliminate funding to planned parenthood, and de-fund Obamacare. Heck cut a couple other democrat programs in the same bill. THEN dare the Senate to pass it and Obama to sign it. The republicans give a valuable concession and it's back in Obama's court.
We’ve all heard about the “fiscal cliff.” But what does it mean? The media won’t bother to explain it in any detail, and people aren’t looking it up on their own. So, a great many Americans think it’s a physical place, a vacation destination of some sort. I understand people are busy with their lives, but a majority of Americans just voted to re-elect President Obama, a man whose failed leadership created this harmonic convergence of economic mess that is the fiscal cliff. So I say, “To hell with it; let’s jump.”
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 15 hours ago