I was shocked by something I heard from one of my friend’s sons the other day. He is a college graduate with a business degree and fortunately has a job. We were all talking about the fiscal cliff and how it would affect people making over $250K a year. His reaction to the top rate rising to 39% along with the California State tax increase due to Proposition 30 prompted him to say, “Whew, I think I dodged a bullet! I was up for a promotion with a pay raise but someone else got it. I’m pretty sure my...
I don't like calling the money taken from the workers government money. If we had the freedom of choice how many of you would stop paying taxes? I know I would if could. Every single program the government has developed is now broken. Now they are forcing us to pay into 401k which they the government plans on taking away from us at their on whim. My husband will be laid off this coming Friday, he is 58 years old to young to retire to old to be hired. He will be past up for someone younger I fear. He could do contract work and may have to do contract work but I pray he will find work locally. Will, as of last month the company automatically started deducting 401k out of his check. It made me mad cause we do not believe 401k to be safe.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago