I was shocked by something I heard from one of my friend’s sons the other day. He is a college graduate with a business degree and fortunately has a job. We were all talking about the fiscal cliff and how it would affect people making over $250K a year. His reaction to the top rate rising to 39% along with the California State tax increase due to Proposition 30 prompted him to say, “Whew, I think I dodged a bullet! I was up for a promotion with a pay raise but someone else got it. I’m pretty sure my...
I don't like calling the money taken from the workers government money. If we had the freedom of choice how many of you would stop paying taxes? I know I would if could. Every single program the government has developed is now broken. Now they are forcing us to pay into 401k which they the government plans on taking away from us at their on whim. My husband will be laid off this coming Friday, he is 58 years old to young to retire to old to be hired. He will be past up for someone younger I fear. He could do contract work and may have to do contract work but I pray he will find work locally. Will, as of last month the company automatically started deducting 401k out of his check. It made me mad cause we do not believe 401k to be safe.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 10 hours ago