I was shocked by something I heard from one of my friend’s sons the other day. He is a college graduate with a business degree and fortunately has a job. We were all talking about the fiscal cliff and how it would affect people making over $250K a year. His reaction to the top rate rising to 39% along with the California State tax increase due to Proposition 30 prompted him to say, “Whew, I think I dodged a bullet! I was up for a promotion with a pay raise but someone else got it. I’m pretty sure my...
I don't like calling the money taken from the workers government money. If we had the freedom of choice how many of you would stop paying taxes? I know I would if could. Every single program the government has developed is now broken. Now they are forcing us to pay into 401k which they the government plans on taking away from us at their on whim. My husband will be laid off this coming Friday, he is 58 years old to young to retire to old to be hired. He will be past up for someone younger I fear. He could do contract work and may have to do contract work but I pray he will find work locally. Will, as of last month the company automatically started deducting 401k out of his check. It made me mad cause we do not believe 401k to be safe.
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago