As president, he signed into law a bill that violates both of these promises. The Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) gives the federal government the authority to tell every American what insurance they must have, where they will get it and what they will pay for it. Moreover, even as it violates another campaign promise ("if you’re in a plan you like, you can keep it"), the most optimistic estimate expects 23 million people will remain...
Absolutely! Begin by ridding this nation of the leaches from below the border, they are bringing your prices up by demanding free care from our hospitals, by filling our prisons with their criminal kind, taking the jobs of Americans who do wish to work and in general bringing down the nation through their impact on our economy and law enforcement, as well as the medical profession. Secondly get rid of that blasted illegal alien in the White House along with his slum like family who are making a mockery of our executive branch of Government. Once we have cleaned house, and built a sturdy electrified fence on the southern border, begin clearing out UNNEEDED civil servants in GOV.
When Barack Obama was a candidate for president, he endorsed universal health insurance, but opposed forcing individuals to buy their own insurance.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014