The rationale for such limits is that mass murderers need "large-capacity" magazines, while law-abiding citizens don't. Both premises are questionable, and so is the notion that politicians should be the arbiters of necessity under the...
In response to:
In a gun fight there is no fair. As for home defense, a sawed off 12 guage with #4 buck shot and an extended magazine tube is just the weapon, the #4 buck will not penatrate walls as easily as the .223, or the .45ACP for that matter but puts out lead in a spread so accuracy isn't necessary, point and spray till the bad guys stop! However if it's Obama's thugs coming to take my guns, I would prefer an AR-15 or if the gloves came off, an M-60 machine gun with a good gunners mate and a thousand rounds of .308 ammo.
A limit on magazine capacity is emerging as a leading contender for the something that supposedly must be done in response to last month's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. A ban on "large-capacity ammunition feeding devices" is one of the new gun restrictions approved by the New York legislature this week and one of the measures President Obama wants Congress to enact.
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 30 minutes ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Hannity: Bundy’s comments on race are beyond repugnant to me Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Should the GOP push to lower the drinking age to 18? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 4 hours ago