What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Oh, I forgot: the lower budget produced by saving money [and putting it into your own pocket] would become the next year's budget -- and with the same rules of course.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Harbinger: Rothenberg changes race rating in Arkansas Senate Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Science: On second thought, no, secondhand smoke won’t kill you Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Did conservatives get trolled by Pajama Boy? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: “Anger and fear” are driving America to all this “right-wing nuttiness” Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Video: Christie reaches agreement with New Jersey Democrats on in-state tuition for illegal immigrants Allahpundit 6 hours ago