The Washington Post's headline is "Spending by independent groups had little...
Romney lost because the GOP will not play gutter politics and he was attacked from a very early point in the election process, he was attacked for months, even before he was elected in the Primary.
Much digital ink and wind is being expended today on the interwebs and cable TV lamenting the ineffectiveness of outside spending from conservative-aligned groups in electing Republican candidates. Indeed, some of the largest groups spent incredible amounts of money to what looks to be little effect. Many Republican candidates who had large SuperPACs behind them lost, and in what looked to be winnable races. This wasn't just Mitt Romney - it was down the ballot with candidates like Josh Mandel, Scott Brown, Tommy Thompson and George Allen.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 7 hours ago