Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Make a list of all the Republican Senator Elects, in 2014, email them and let them you support them. They need to start publishing their WEBSITES.
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 28 mins ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 49 mins ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Pence: Cheer up — we’re winning! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago