Three quotes to whet your appetite, followed by the punch line from the president. House Republicans' latest "fiscal cliff" resolution package -- originally proposed by Democrat Erskine Bowles -- includes $800 Billion in new federal revenues, while lowering tax rates across the board. Democrats instantly rejected the idea, making a heavy play about "the math" not adding up. They've repeatedly contended that Republicans' plan to expand the tax base by closing loopholes, eliminating or capping deductions, and limiting credits cannot hit their projected revenue target. (1) White House Spokesman Jay Carney: "
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago