As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
If I did not read this, I would not believe it. GE is run by Immelt, was, and the Owner of the National Barack Channel. He sits on the Obama Economics Board, and he (GE) paid NO taxes in 2011. He is not a friend of any Republican, except maybe you.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 6 hours ago