As Speaker John Boehner said last week, this is a stalemate. Both Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Speaker John Boehner made appearances on Fox News Sunday yesterday with two very different views on how to prevent going over the fiscal cliff on January 1. Geithner said the White House has offered a very detailed plan (even though it has zero spending cuts), while Boehner said fiscal cliff talks are going nowhere, that President Obama wants to "ramrod a deal through," and that Obama has offered a "non-serious proposal."
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago