Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 29 mins ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago