We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
We need first to get the federal government out of the education business. It has no constitutional right to dictate education standards. Education has steadily declined since the federal government began interfering with education. Competition may be a part of the answer as well. The massive waste of resources in Chicago due to union activity is obscene. State and local control of schools can address these problems, but only if the federal government is removed from the mix.
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- Dems fret that ISIS will force America to return to Iraq Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago