In response to:
May I suggest a more direct approach? Simply deny illegal immigrants all government benefits and punish anyone hiring an illegal immigrant (if they knew or should have known) with a substantial fine and mandatory imprisonment for each instance. Most illegals would go home if they were denied benefits and the right to work. Before anyone argues that we need workers (which we don't), we can certainly provide work permits to aliens who want to legally enter the U.S. for work.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 31 minutes ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago