Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
Parker - Social Security is a supplemental income (SSI). It is mandatorily paid in by the citizens with the stipulation that when they reach retirement age, they will receive a "supplemental" benefit from that which they have paid. It truly is an entitlement in the truest sense. As well, military retirement is another form of government pay-out that is an entitlement. It was earned and deserved!
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 49 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago