Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
I never really thought of her that way, but darn, you're right down the middle on that one!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 11 hours ago