I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? On the other hand, as Gary S. Becker and Kevin M. Murphy argue, in a lucid...
The war on drugs was lost about fifteen minutes after Nixon declared it. Most drugs will be accessible, without criminal penalty with in the next ten years. Here's the reason, every day an eighty year old dies and everyday a youth turns eighteen years old and can vote. It's just a matter of crunching the numbers, But myself, I've always been a bourbon man.
Forty-odd (exceedingly odd, I might add) years ago, who would have envisioned a national war against drugs? Nobody took drugs -- nobody you knew, nobody but jazz musicians and funny foreign folk. Then, after a while, it came to seem that everybody did. Drugs became a new front in the war on an old social culture that was taking hard licks aplenty in those days.
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 28 minutes ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago