In response to:
"Sick Leave" benefits were desiged to provide income protection for workers who were sick. Somehow, these benefits have morphed into paid vacation days. Vacation time is a nice benefit and gives employees time off to recuperate from the rigors and pressures of the job. Allowing employees to carry forward unlimited vacation time year after year can get awfully costly, because the unused vacation time is paid at an employee's crrent rate of pay, not at the rates of pay over the time periods in which such time was amassed. That's why the vast majority of private sector employers limit unused vacation time carried forward. In the public sector, it's become a scam and tax payers are picking up the bill.
Over the years, I’ve shared some outrageous examples of overpaid bureaucrats.
- The chief bureaucrat of a low-income California city getting almost $800,000 per year.
- Cops in Oakland getting average compensation of $188,000.
- A school superintendent in New York raking in more than $500 thousand of annual compensation.
- A Philadelphia bureaucrat, after working only 2-1/2 years, nailing down a
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 6 hours ago