In response to:
"Sick Leave" benefits were desiged to provide income protection for workers who were sick. Somehow, these benefits have morphed into paid vacation days. Vacation time is a nice benefit and gives employees time off to recuperate from the rigors and pressures of the job. Allowing employees to carry forward unlimited vacation time year after year can get awfully costly, because the unused vacation time is paid at an employee's crrent rate of pay, not at the rates of pay over the time periods in which such time was amassed. That's why the vast majority of private sector employers limit unused vacation time carried forward. In the public sector, it's become a scam and tax payers are picking up the bill.
Over the years, I’ve shared some outrageous examples of overpaid bureaucrats.
- The chief bureaucrat of a low-income California city getting almost $800,000 per year.
- Cops in Oakland getting average compensation of $188,000.
- A school superintendent in New York raking in more than $500 thousand of annual compensation.
- A Philadelphia bureaucrat, after working only 2-1/2 years, nailing down a
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 20 hours ago