During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago