I'm trying to think of a big city that doesn't have a Democrat mayor. I would agree that the Southeast is a poor choice for conventions due to hurricane activity and would suggest that California also be considered out of bounds dur to the earthquake potential. Maybe the Dallas/Ft. Worth area would be a safe place. Speaking of which, I certainly hope that the MSM continues its coverage on a 24/7 basis of the Hurricane Issac devastation in the Louisianna and Mississippi area that have been flooded and destroyed.. I want to see how quickly President Obama gets rid of the flood water, reconnects the electric power, restores all those ruined homes and businesses and puts all those now homeless families into suitable living quarters.
MY LIVING ROOM COUCH -- It was the political convention that almost wasn't. In the run-up to the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., Democrats and their fellow travelers in the so-called mainstream media claimed that the GOP was waging a "war against women," depicted Mitt Romney as a heartless felon responsible for the death of a woman who lost her health insurance and blasted Romney for choosing Paul Ryan as his running mate. They then tried to define Ryan as a heartless ideologue who would eliminate Medicare and throw grandmothers off a cliff. And then a tropical storm-turned-hurricane named Isaac...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 4 hours ago