Should the federal government make life more difficult for low-skilled workers?
I hope everyone will emphatically say “NO!”
Heck, most people understandably will think you’re crazy for even asking such a preposterous question.
But some of those people will also think that it’s a good idea for politicians in Washington to make low-skilled workers less attractive to employers by raising the minimum wage.
I often ask such people whether they are more likely to buy a Big Mac if McDonald’s raises the price by 24 percent. They say they are less likely.
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 4 hours ago