Kenneth416 wrote: While I will not be affected by the increase in the marginal rate of taxation of salaries and wages from the current 35% to 39.6% (as under the Clinton-era), I doubt that it will have a serious effect on the behavior of the highest earners. Note that, for a high earner who earns $1M, the additional income tax will be only $46,000, less than the cost of the luxury Mercedes or Lexus he or she drives (and which is probably provided by his/her employer, anyway). The real bite comes in the tax on Dividends and Cap Gains, where the...
Fletch The working conditions and pay is awful. ALso, if workers get more barganing power, they just ship the jobs somehwere else, such as Cambodia. The cost of a Nike pair of shoes, is about 1% labor. So, for a Nike shoe that costs $100, it cost $1 for some exploited worker overseas to make. Hardly fair. By the way, protectionism built our nation as the industrial power it is today.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 13 hours ago