Grassley doesn't mince words in his letter. He accuses Obama of taking an action for which he lacks legal authority, is contrary to his constitutional duty to "take care that the laws be faithfully executed," is an affront to representative government and the legislative...
I agree about the pusillanimous nature of the entrenched Republicans. Grassley seems like a good guy, but methinks constitutionalist citizens want "leaders" in Congress, not "politicians", which is what we've got. It's this kind of fecklessness that leads, in the end, to mobs with pitchforks, tar and feathers... three industries which may be profitable in the near future. In every other sector of society, NORMAL people look forward to reaching retirement age, and retiring. We're stuck with the likes of these old goats (Pelosi, Rangel, McCain, Grassley, et al) who so crave the sychophancy of their lickspittle hangers-on, that they refuse to go out to pasture and let someone else have a chance to screw things up.
Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, a good friend of the Constitution and We the People, has sent President Obama a powerful letter co-signed by 20 senators. The letter spells out many unlawful aspects of Obama's recent announcement that he will not enforce U.S. laws against young illegal aliens and will reward their illegal status with residency and work permits.
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 48 mins ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 4 hours ago