My Trip to the Pot Shop

TeaLeaves00 Wrote: Mar 26, 2014 4:21 AM
Something else to consider, in researching this topic, I found that marijuana can actually increase the risk of cancer by suppressing the immune system. Lung Cancer and testicular cancer have both already been linked to it. There are plenty of links .. but here is one that shows why: http://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Marijuana_and_the_Immune_System_a1112.html

My Trip to the Pot Shop

TeaLeaves00 Wrote: Mar 26, 2014 4:12 AM
I'm sorry about your mom.. it is really sad that she isn't getting all the help she needs. But, this is not the same as legitimate medicine. It causes psychosis, apathy, lowered IQ and domestic violence (when coming off of it). Despite that, I am mostly concerned with children that will be neglected by their parents and by teen drug use. Remember the guy that smoked pot next to his car while his baby died inside... and the young woman that drove off with her child on top. Then there was the lady that had been smoking it "a lot lately" and killed her three young children. (It increases Psychosis). Oregon effectively decriminalized marijuana in the late 70's and they have a 50% higher teen use. They also have lower gross income and lower graduation rates. It *IS* a gateway drug.. I know this from personal experience, as well as seeing it in my community. I hope you mom is better soon.. but this is still not good for America.

BEWARE: No-Knock SWAT Attacks

TeaLeaves00 Wrote: Mar 24, 2014 5:01 PM
You are wrong about the drug legalization and less crime The mental illness, child abuse and other effects of drugs will increase with legalization. Portugal saw 40% INCREASE IN MURDER RATES not a decrease. They also saw an increase in young adolescents using harder drugs. This information is being kept from us by the American Media.. especially a faulty report by the liberal Cato. Legalization will put more of those same Mafia members we are all afraid of in power and in government.
In our local school they had the girls choosing to make Burkas in the sewing club. - I don't know the name of the curricula that came from. One teacher teaches that the reason Hitler was so bad was because he killed male homosexuals but let the female ones live. (The student that was telling me this didn't see any problem with the teacher.. she though Hitler must have been a "racist" though.) Another teacher uses classroom time to "act out" scenes of dying famous people .. anyone want to see cleopatra croak? No wonder suicide is so common.
Conservatives need to quit shooting at other republicans that they disagree with. The liberals are unified.. and we need to be too.
I don't care if they raise taxes on those making over 1 million, or even 1 million dollar and over capital gains (short term gains, indexed for inflation.) I think that is a false "line". Anyway, probably 90% of those rich people voted for O anyway. We need to concentrate on reducing the spending, and the rate of increase for lower income working people.

Marriage Best Left to Churches

TeaLeaves00 Wrote: Dec 13, 2012 2:41 AM
I think it is kind of strange that all these gay people in Washington are getting married just in time to pay the marriage tax penalty for 2012... in white dresses and bright red lipstick too... those never look right together. I haven't seen 2 men in white dresses yet though, that would be really take-the-cake weird. Anyway, why bother?

Taxing the Poor

TeaLeaves00 Wrote: Dec 12, 2012 4:24 PM
Right.. and Obama Care fines are a tax too.

Taxing the Poor

TeaLeaves00 Wrote: Dec 12, 2012 3:50 PM
And with $4 a gallon gas you would still be a head.. but this brings us to more problems such as the total FRAUD in government programs!

Taxing the Poor

TeaLeaves00 Wrote: Dec 12, 2012 3:48 PM
This is so true! We live in Oregon... and are just on the edge of the poverty level (we own a home and are not what we consider "poor"). But we are in a weird situation. If I get a job to supplement my husband's income, my loss due to government policy is over 50%. I lose 15% to SSI, 10% (will be 15) to Fed Tax, 9 % to Oregon state tax... plus we lose about 15 to 25%of our earned income credit. (We already pay $1750 property tax). Plus if I get a job, my income may disqualify our son's Pell Grants, as well as prehaps make us have to pay for obama health insurace (which we don't have). Not to mention gas to get to work. We feel so squeezed.... There is no way out of this mess.