After a few weeks spent tracking down and questioning pollsters and the reporters of polls, I can assure the reader that pollsters are the modern-day alchemists. They promise to turn numbers into predictive gold. We'd all like to believe these magical powers exist, but we shouldn't. The pollsters of 2012 just don't know who is going to win in November any more than did the pollsters of 1980 know that Ronald Reagan was headed towards a landslide in that late-breaking year.
Much more can be learned by the modern day Greeks whose greed, sloth and stupidity has brought them to utter ruin. We are headed in the same direction, along with the rest of Europe.
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? jeffdunetz 21 minutes ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 1 hour ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago