The Campus Crusade for Crust

Jenners Wrote: Apr 15, 2013 2:34 PM
Easy for you to say because you probably are not interacting with Muslims on a daily basis. The Crusades were an unwise attempt to apply the Muslims' own tactics to reconvert those lands -- that is, to do so at the point of the sword. That really worked, didn't it? I work as a missionary in a Muslim-majority country. Because Muslims are my neighbors and my friends and I want to win them to Christ, I avoid that word. The Bible says the cross is offensive and I cannot and will not avoid that term; however, I don't need to use non-biblical terms to bring offense. Just sayin'.

The Campus Crusade for Crust

Jenners Wrote: Apr 15, 2013 10:11 AM
Yes, and they changed their named for at least 2 reasons -- "Crusade" really is offensive to Muslims, and they do a lot of good work in the Muslim world, AND Cru was the common nickname for CCC on most campuses anyway. They would not be the first mission organization to remove obvious references to Christ from their name in order to open doors to closed countries, nor to seek a more up-to-date name. It doesn't mean they have apostatized.

The Campus Crusade for Crust

Jenners Wrote: Apr 15, 2013 10:07 AM
Dear Mike, You have had several requests to explain the source of this satire. Yes, we get that it's satire, but we don't know what it's based on. I have several friends who are godly, faithful, witnessing Cru staff members, and Campus Crusade was positive influence during my own college years, so what gives? Thanks, Jenners

Wal-Mart vs. the Mob

Jenners Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 7:09 PM
You are absolutely right. They were responding to the desire of consumers. But that doesn't make it right.

Wal-Mart vs. the Mob

Jenners Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 7:07 PM
If you read my subsequent comments above, I talked about professions where people must work (medical personnel, first responders, etc.). I am not talking about crucial public services, I'm talking about shopping, for heaven's sake!!!

Wal-Mart vs. the Mob

Jenners Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 7:06 PM
Where did I claim to have answered all of Arley2's arguments? I just commented on being called a twit and a Liberalprogressivesocialist, and somehow I managed to do so without calling him names. I could think of a few, but I don't think they have a place in civilized discussion/debate. Where did I say there oughta be a law? No way should the govt. get involved in setting hours for retail stores. WalMart has every right to be open whenever they want, just as I have the right not to shop there. John 4696 said they won't miss me or what little I would spend. Very true. On that basis I should not bother voting either. I'm just one person, what difference does it make? Obviously, it didn't make a difference this past election day.

Wal-Mart vs. the Mob

Jenners Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 1:27 PM
Responded to all these posts under Arley2.

Wal-Mart vs. the Mob

Jenners Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 1:27 PM
Responded to all these posts under Arley2.

Wal-Mart vs. the Mob

Jenners Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 1:26 PM
Continuation: Another thing typical of Liberalprogressivesocialist folks is the assumption that all on our "side" have to agree on every issue. That is why they are intolerant of pro-life democrats. But "our" side (yes, I am a conservative) has distinguished itself (apart from Townhall comments, I find) by tolerance of variations within our ranks. For example, the Log Cabin Republicans. I am horrified by their stance on a certain social issue, but I do not deny that they are Republicans. I am a small government Republican myself, but I voted for George W. twice despite my disagreement with him on that issue. Because I can tolerate some variation within the mean.

Wal-Mart vs. the Mob

Jenners Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 1:22 PM
So I'm stupid and a twit. And I thot ad hominem attacks were restricted to the Liberalprogressivesocialist crowd -- my bad. I re-read my post looking for where I said first responders and medical people shouldn't work on Thanksgiving. I couldn't find that part. I never denied that there are places which need to be open at all times and jobs which must be done every day. Duh. But is our need so desperate to shop a few hours earlier that we are willing to deny others a holiday respite? Please. Continued...