This could make for one hell of a drinking game. Step one: Republicans propose an idea that high-ranking Democrats have explicitly supported in the very recent past. Step two: Democrats unceremoniously dump all over the idea, calling it "unacceptable," "dead on arrival," or whatever the dismissive pejorative of the day may be. Step three: Drink (and I've got just the beverage in mind for this occasion). The trouble is that by this stage in our interminable cliff charade, everyone involved would be too wasted to negotiate any further -- which actually might not be the worst thing in...
Why do we always act shocked and dismayed every time the democrats outmaneuver us and put us into a corner? Haven't we realized that they are only playing this for maximum political effect? We need to stop playing an honest and up front game, we need to start playing dirty too. Also, we need to call out this twisted logic used by Obama that, if we can't come with a plan he accepts, we are attacking the middle class because then he will let the tax increases go ahead. It's like Obama has a gun to the heads of the middle class and blaming us if he has to pull the trigger. We need to stop acting like amateurs here.
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago