This could make for one hell of a drinking game. Step one: Republicans propose an idea that high-ranking Democrats have explicitly supported in the very recent past. Step two: Democrats unceremoniously dump all over the idea, calling it "unacceptable," "dead on arrival," or whatever the dismissive pejorative of the day may be. Step three: Drink (and I've got just the beverage in mind for this occasion). The trouble is that by this stage in our interminable cliff charade, everyone involved would be too wasted to negotiate any further -- which actually might not be the worst thing in...
Why do we always act shocked and dismayed every time the democrats outmaneuver us and put us into a corner? Haven't we realized that they are only playing this for maximum political effect? We need to stop playing an honest and up front game, we need to start playing dirty too. Also, we need to call out this twisted logic used by Obama that, if we can't come with a plan he accepts, we are attacking the middle class because then he will let the tax increases go ahead. It's like Obama has a gun to the heads of the middle class and blaming us if he has to pull the trigger. We need to stop acting like amateurs here.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago