Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
These petitions for secession are symbolic at best. They are not the official stance of any state government. These are just something put together by people who are fed up with the status quo. Here is what I would like to know. How many of these petitioners didn't bother to vote? I'm willing to bet it is most of them given the low numbers being reported this year. Anyone who didn't vote effectively voted for Obama. It you didn't go to the polls and vote against Obama then this is all your fault. Stop whining. You asked for it.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 21 hours ago