Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
These petitions for secession are symbolic at best. They are not the official stance of any state government. These are just something put together by people who are fed up with the status quo. Here is what I would like to know. How many of these petitioners didn't bother to vote? I'm willing to bet it is most of them given the low numbers being reported this year. Anyone who didn't vote effectively voted for Obama. It you didn't go to the polls and vote against Obama then this is all your fault. Stop whining. You asked for it.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 5 hours ago