Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
These petitions for secession are symbolic at best. They are not the official stance of any state government. These are just something put together by people who are fed up with the status quo. Here is what I would like to know. How many of these petitioners didn't bother to vote? I'm willing to bet it is most of them given the low numbers being reported this year. Anyone who didn't vote effectively voted for Obama. It you didn't go to the polls and vote against Obama then this is all your fault. Stop whining. You asked for it.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 19 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 14 hours ago