Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
These petitions for secession are symbolic at best. They are not the official stance of any state government. These are just something put together by people who are fed up with the status quo. Here is what I would like to know. How many of these petitioners didn't bother to vote? I'm willing to bet it is most of them given the low numbers being reported this year. Anyone who didn't vote effectively voted for Obama. It you didn't go to the polls and vote against Obama then this is all your fault. Stop whining. You asked for it.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago