It's budget week in America, and for the first time in four years, both houses of Congress will respect the law and produce a blueprint for the coming fiscal year. The release of the president's budget, which was due by statute on February 4, has been delayed for a second time until April 8. Senate Democrats will finally unveil their plan on Wednesday, with a single day mark-up planned for Thursday. Sen. Jeff Sessions, the ranking Republican on his chamber's budget committee, says he fears Harry Reid and Patty Murray's caucus will introduce a budget that raises taxes by...
In response to:
As long as they get rid of Obama care. Do the Republicans have 67 votes in the Senate and 291 votes in the house? I think not.
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Meriam Ibrahim lands in Italy, on way to US; Update: Meets with Pope Francis Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 12 hours ago