Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
What the sheriff should have said was that it is already against the law for someone to sell a gun privately to anyone who couldn't pass a background check and then he should have asked the mayor if the prosecutors office charged the man who sold the gun. If he said no then the sheriff should have said "if you won't enforce the laws we already have then why make more"? Pier Morgan is a typical bully liberal and should be deported.
- Surprise: UAW folds in VW dispute Ed Morrissey 10 minutes ago
- Drone attacks kill dozens of AQ operatives in Yemen following confab Ed Morrissey 50 minutes ago
- NBC wonders: What makes David Gregory tick? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ukraine Easter truce collapses, three dead at pro-Russian separatist checkpoint Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago