Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
What the sheriff should have said was that it is already against the law for someone to sell a gun privately to anyone who couldn't pass a background check and then he should have asked the mayor if the prosecutors office charged the man who sold the gun. If he said no then the sheriff should have said "if you won't enforce the laws we already have then why make more"? Pier Morgan is a typical bully liberal and should be deported.
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 43 mins ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago