Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
What the sheriff should have said was that it is already against the law for someone to sell a gun privately to anyone who couldn't pass a background check and then he should have asked the mayor if the prosecutors office charged the man who sold the gun. If he said no then the sheriff should have said "if you won't enforce the laws we already have then why make more"? Pier Morgan is a typical bully liberal and should be deported.
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 12 mins ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- U.S. about to pass Saudi Arabia as largest liquid petroleum producer Bruce McQuain 1 hour ago
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 3 hours ago