Declaration of Arms Before Independence

Jeff3256 Wrote: Jul 08, 2014 7:52 AM
News to me, and very interesting. Thanks for a very good article.
No,. I'm sure he came for an executive position! lol

The Intellectual Poverty Law Center

Jeff3256 Wrote: Jul 07, 2014 8:22 AM
That's exactly the problem. I am in a number of organizations the SPLC considers hate groups, but we don't hate a soul on this earth. The don't know the organizations, don't speak with them, but pass these judgements from "on high" in nearly complete ignorance.

The Intellectual Poverty Law Center

Jeff3256 Wrote: Jul 07, 2014 8:20 AM
Yes, indeed!

Independence Day, 2014

Jeff3256 Wrote: Jul 03, 2014 11:16 AM
Mark Levin* has stated for years that we live in a post-Constitutional society. He is clearly right and this article highlights one of the many areas this is true. * When I am president (yeah, right), Levin and the Judge will be my two SCOTUS nominees.
Brilliant! I will add of these to my weekend plans!
Labor Participation Rate still under 63%, lowest since the Carter was in the WH. Glad to see more people getting jobs, but we have a long way to go.

The Wisdom of Divided Government

Jeff3256 Wrote: Jul 02, 2014 9:15 AM
"...but it is not the number of executive orders that is important. Rather, it is the effect of those orders...." Precisely, but no progressive will ever understand that.

A God-Given Right To Break the Law

Jeff3256 Wrote: Jul 02, 2014 9:13 AM
The comparison between plural marriage and this ruling is preposterous. The plural marriage case banned plural marriages. This one did not ban contraceptives, only the requirement that bosses pay for it when it interferes with their religion.
Robert Bork discussed this is his book "Slouching Towards Gomorrah" decades ago. SCOTUS has become politicized (wrongly in his and my opinion) leading to discussions of liberal vs conservative justices. There should be no such thing. The fact that there is represents a total failure of the third branch of government.

The Case for Libertarian Populism

Jeff3256 Wrote: Jul 02, 2014 9:08 AM
The problem as you said early in the article (I admit I didn't read the whole thing -- too long for us "TV generation" folks) is that we need a choice. We have a progressive party and slightly-less-progressive party. The rest are small fries -- fragmented and shut out of state and federal politics by laws that were passed to perpetuate this system.