A Halo for Selfishness

Jeff3256 Wrote: Apr 14, 2014 6:02 PM
"Those unfamiliar with political rhetoric may not know that 'special interests' mean people who support your opponents." Truer words were never said. Great article.
Walter E Williams asked the best question here: if women do just as well as men for less money, why would company presidents (who are paid to make a profit) ever hire a man? Clearly there are many differences, and Mr Elder has hit the nail on the head describing them.

Governed by Rules, Not Men

Jeff3256 Wrote: Mar 12, 2014 10:19 AM
Lincoln was clearly about crushing the power of the states and centralizing authority in the central government. He imprisoned members of Congress, allowed soldiers from Massachusetts to vote in Maryland, and suspended habeus corpus unconstitutionally.
I supposes I should apply his rules, too. I've enjoyed his acting for years, now that I know he's a liberal pinhead it may make his movies hard for me to watch.

The Privileged People

Jeff3256 Wrote: Feb 13, 2014 6:32 AM
I think it was Walter E Williams who had the best solution to cronyism: pass a law or constitutional amendment (I don't recall which he argued for) that would make all laws equally applicable to all of us. If you get a 10% tax break, we all do. If you're exempt from a law, we all are.

Random Thoughts

Jeff3256 Wrote: Feb 13, 2014 6:29 AM
"With his decision declaring ObamaCare constitutional, Chief Justice John Roberts turned what F.A. Hayek called "The Road to Serfdom" into a super highway. The government all but owns us now, and can order us to do pretty much whatever it wants us to do." That's a fact.

Dependency, Not Poverty

Jeff3256 Wrote: Feb 13, 2014 6:22 AM
By this racist diatribe, I assume it means you disagree with him, but don't have the intelligence to argue with him using facts and figures. Talk about typical.

Dependency, Not Poverty

Jeff3256 Wrote: Feb 13, 2014 6:21 AM
By clown, are you referring to a world-class economist who has laid out facts and figures? Why not present your own, like a rational man would, to prove him wrong?
Remember: the goal of Obamacare is for it to fail, so Obama can take us to a single payer system. He's said so, and that one time, I think he wasn't lying.
Support for abortion is the Democrats' war on women. Their goal is get as many of them killed before they arrive on earth as possible.