But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
they need to be on the ground for every event with that message 24/7. This takes money, and Obama was loaded with it and did not go cheap. So first, they need to make sure they have the money, big money, to run a day-by-day campaign even when nobody wants to hear from them. Essentially, it will need to be a reeducation campaign, because the average voter does not how high the stakes are with this run-a-way debt. Even if they have to dig-up Ross Perot and his charts, it needs to be the topic of discussion from now until Novemeber, 2014 and 2016.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago