President Obama, America's Nero

Jeff2422 Wrote: Feb 17, 2015 4:45 PM
FDR wouldn't get nominated by the Dem Party today, much less elected. He said that the people of America were "righteous" in the use of their might. He said the Japanese attack was a form of "treachery." FDR said that we will not "blink" and have "confidence in our armed forces." Worst of all, he used the "God" word and meant it. That is an automatic disqualification in today's Dem party. God, help us, please.

Glib 'Happy Talk'

Jeff2422 Wrote: Feb 17, 2015 4:32 PM
At some point, whether you want a holy war or not, the jihadist will force it upon everyone. You can put your head in the sand and say that it is not an issue of religion. But, one way or another, the real religious fervor and fanaticism of these people will have to be dealt with. And such future fervor and actions will have to be deterred. So what would get these people to stop and/or what would deter them? Not death, there is paradise and 72 virgins waiting for them. The answer is in their religion, but if we cannot discuss that because it may offend other "peaceful" believers, then we are S.O.L. So, I guess we will wait until they are on our doorstep for political correctness sake. Live in farm country, so have guns and pork-laced ammo ready. No 72 virgins for those that come to my doorstep.

Why No Swimsuit Issue of Men?

Jeff2422 Wrote: Feb 17, 2015 9:53 AM
Apparently, these egg heads of "gender studies" missed the PBS and other documentaries on the biology of sex and sexual attraction. I am sure they could get it on Netflix. But, then again, they would be out of a job if they accepted the documentaries. Good grief!
21) James Buchanan will be firmly fixed at No. 43 out of 44 presidents for his utter failure to avoid secession. Guess who is at the bottom.

Damaging Admissions

Jeff2422 Wrote: Feb 17, 2015 9:38 AM
Then get rid of the public unions which control local boards of education. It is a corrupt circle that even FDR, no conservative, understood was a mistake.
Actually, your absolutist language, tone and capital lettering proves his point. Unless one puts a sign on their head, how does a business know your gay. Other than the baker case, don't know of anyone throwing gays out the door if they have money to spend like everyone else. Race and sexual-orientation are not the same thing. Plus, your absolutist view of discrimination is not the law. I realize you want it that way, but that just proves Dyadd's point that you are as intolerant as anyone you consider a bigot.

New SecDef Confirmed by Senate, 93-5

Jeff2422 Wrote: Feb 13, 2015 3:28 PM
Just think, he has won an all expenses paid trip to the Pentagon with Obama, Valerie Jarrett, Susan Rice, and the whole White House know-it-alls as his guides. I hope the pay is good and there is a rubber room to escape to once in a while. Actually, feel sorry for the guy.
Some common ground with Maddow. Jon Stewart is more informative and more entertaining than Maddow and most of the mainstream media. But, even a Godzilla movie is more informative and entertaining, too. So, Stewart shouldn't be patting himself on the back any time soon.
Let's assume global warming is occurring and that CO2 is the culprit. The theory could be basically correct, but because of the numerous variables a sure-fire model cannot be created. Fine, its a threat, maybe a fairly immediate one of the next few decades or so. And the answer is what? Shut down our technology in the USA and go back to living like the Amish. Shut down half, a third, a quarter, a tenth, how much? And that means what since even a 100% shutdown would be a "drop in the ocean" without the other 7 billion people on the planet doing the same. Now, we do know that ISIS wants to dominate the Middle East and kill all infidels which means all of us. They don't want to do it decades from now, they want to do it now. They are not alone, since if only 1% of Muslims sympathize that represents 15 million people, 5% means 75 million, and so on. Sorry Mr. POTUS, but the old east vs. west paradigm is back, front and center, and denying it is a thousand more times deadlier than at least putting the Global Warming concerns on the back burner for the moment. The policy conclusions and priorities are rather obvious, but apparently not to Obama, No wonder we lost 4 people in Beghazi. As long as this guy is calling the shots, we will lose a lot more.
As to marriage, I followed my father's advise. He told me that I shouldn't confuse love making (the act of sex) with love. He told me the sex is great for several years, but what really makes a marriage work is compatibility. At the time he was married to my step-mother, after being married to my mother for 16 years. He recently died after being married to my step-mother for 44 years. As each year passes in my marriage, now 34 years along, I consider my father wiser than all the politicians, priests, pundits, or advocates put together.

Living in Obama World

Jeff2422 Wrote: Feb 13, 2015 2:17 PM
I never understood the swooning and gesticulating for Obama. The first time I laid eyes on him, heard him speak and watched him walk, I saw a strutting peacock with no colorful feathers. Arrogance oozes off of him. So I don't get the charming part, he has always had "jerk" written all over him as far as I am concerned.