In response to:
The equal outcome approach equals one thing bankruptcy. There is not enough money to fulfill all human desires based on some nebulous idea of "fairness." And where are we, $16 trillion in debt, with soon having our debt rating going to AA and spending $1 triilion a year on debt service alone before there is any money for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Education, Defense, or anything else. It is a recipe for bankruptcy and disaster.
Given what we know in 2012, saying that capitalism will make a society richer than socialism should be about as controversial as saying the earth is round, not flat. Yet, a recent Gallup poll shows that more liberals have a positive view of socialism than capitalism. This is only possible because there are so many perverse incentives that drive the promotion of socialism. If you're a politician, socialism puts power in your hands while capitalism takes it away. If you want to use the government to control people's lives, socialism is a wonderful vehicle to do just that while...
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 12 hours ago