Over the last few months, it has been absolutely stunning to see Mitt Romney, of all people, portrayed as some sort of greedy, ruthless, unfeeling corporate raider who plows over everyone who gets in his way so he can make a few dollars more. Of all the criticisms you could aim at Mitt Romney, there is none that has less validity than that one. In fact, the vast majority of people who read this column -- whether they're liberal, conservative, or moderate -- probably don't personally know a single person who has proven to be more generous and compassionate than...
Remember, all liberal accusers are essentially in first strike mode. This approach is to accuse your opponent of what you are or what you are doing first to shield the lib accuser from the same accusation. If the opponent responds in kind, then it is a finger pointing contest and the public gets fed-up with both. So the real evil doer gets at least a tie, and maybe steals a win if the the respondent is inartful in his/her response. It takes a lot of resources and education to combat this tactic because it is effective with those who don't know the facts, like the one in your second point below.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago