Preparing for President

Jeff2410 Wrote: Jan 13, 2014 7:34 AM
I thought you said Hillary wasn't going to run.

Is Gay Marriage a Threat to Freedom?

Jeff2410 Wrote: Jul 01, 2013 12:14 PM
The intended but unstated consequence of gay marriage is to lower the age of consent. It won't be long before we hear about how 17-year-olds can make decisions concerning sex and then 16-yr-olds etc. The unintended consequences will be to open marriage to more that two people. The left always frets about Mormons but they won't be the problem. The Muslims, on the other hand, will be very happy about that. And they WILL pick your pocket with their tax on non-believers. And they WILL break the legs of apostates. Brace yourself for sharia law.

Freedom: The Unfolding Revolution

Jeff2410 Wrote: Jun 16, 2013 6:13 PM
In the old Soviet Union, Mao's China, Pol Pot's Cambodia, Barack Obama's America, and today's North Korea, they tried to move toward the ideal communist system.

Niall Ferguson's Blooper

Jeff2410 Wrote: May 11, 2013 1:40 PM
And, of course, Keynes was wrong: In the long run we are not ALL dead. He is dead. I will die. You will die, but we will not ALL die. Generations will live on even after terrible events. He should have been challenged the moment he made such a foolish statement.

Niall Ferguson's Blooper

Jeff2410 Wrote: May 08, 2013 7:58 AM
I'm sure his sexuality was important to who he was and how he looked at life (as it is for all of us). But times change. There are many heterosexuals (too many) who agree with Keynes and a good many homosexuals who disagree - perhaps everyone in the Log Cabin Republican organization. We should certainly have the background and context of Keynes' comments but I don't think they translate neatly into today's thinking.

Progress Is Not Inevitable

Jeff2410 Wrote: Apr 16, 2013 7:36 AM
Yet another great column from Mrs Charen. The United States needs to be an example of Free-Market, Classical Liberalism and we need to insist that other nations turn towards the same. I fear instead that we are moving away from Liberalism toward a Socialist 'paradise'.

Waiting on Line

Jeff2410 Wrote: Mar 25, 2013 7:12 PM
"because Members of Congress are the American version of the Politburo in the once and future Soviet Union." So true. So true. If these congressmen are so interested in all being equal, how come they don't participate in Social Security.

Two Cheers For Rebranding

Jeff2410 Wrote: Feb 08, 2013 12:17 PM
A year or so ago one of the writers on Town Hall wrote an excellent article about how the GOP often reads their stage direction out loud. Sen McConnell stating that his main goal is to make Pres Obama a one-term president. He should have lost his leadership position for saying something that obvious out loud. Not a big fan of S.E. Cupp but I believe she wrote an article about practical things the GOP can do to turn things around. They were a good list. I wish I could find it.

Good Sense and Gun Control

Jeff2410 Wrote: Jan 23, 2013 9:15 AM
Last paragraph is exactly right. I'll say it again: Liberalism is about liberty. The Socialist Left of the Democratic Party wants to end personal liberty and force collectivism on America. It is much harder for them to do that if everyone is armed.

Good Sense and Gun Control

Jeff2410 Wrote: Jan 23, 2013 8:24 AM
Yeah, I'm not so sure that violent movies and video games don't have an effect. I don't think they're as harmless as Mr. Goldberg says. I think, perhaps, the bill has yet to be paid on these things. I was in a briefing from one of the Army's top psychologists. He said the Army was using first-person shooter video games so soldiers would get immune to thinking about the consequences of what they were doing. So that at the moment that the soldier needed to act, he would do so w/o hesitating. Asked what the effect on the rest of society was, the Dr was clear: We're going to pay for this.