What happened was that I felt a longing, even an emptiness, I had never before experienced. Something was missing from my life, but I could not at first identify it. I knew it was not about being without friends or family -- after all, I hadn't been with family or friends for the previous three months. And it wasn't about being alone -- I had gotten used to...
And the light came into the darkness, and the darkness noticed not
When I was 20, I spent my junior year in college in England. When classes let out for the last two weeks of December, I traveled to Morocco, where something life-changing occurred.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago