In the last few months we’ve seen former Gov. Mark Sanford redeem his political career after an extramarital affair; Anthony Weiner run for NYC mayor after he resigned in disgrace from Congress in 2011 over sexting scandals (that he continued to engage in); and ex-New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer run for New York City comptroller after resigning in 2008 over a prostitution scandal. Based on recent events, one has to wonder if morality has any impact on a politician's decision to run for office, or if it affects a voter's choice at the polls. Regarding the latter, a Rasmussen...
No. Politicians are all now Godless and immoral. The lack of honesty and absence of integrity is apparently a pre-requisite for public office.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago