In the last few months we’ve seen former Gov. Mark Sanford redeem his political career after an extramarital affair; Anthony Weiner run for NYC mayor after he resigned in disgrace from Congress in 2011 over sexting scandals (that he continued to engage in); and ex-New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer run for New York City comptroller after resigning in 2008 over a prostitution scandal. Based on recent events, one has to wonder if morality has any impact on a politician's decision to run for office, or if it affects a voter's choice at the polls. Regarding the latter, a Rasmussen...
No. Politicians are all now Godless and immoral. The lack of honesty and absence of integrity is apparently a pre-requisite for public office.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 12 hours ago