A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
beat him in the argument, and leave the censorship to the left.
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 21 minutes ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago