It's well-known that public schools are not graduating students as well-educated as before, that Americans score poorly on international tests, and that billions of federal dollars showered on public schools have not achieved any of the designated goals, which were to raise test scores and to eliminate the gap between higher income and lower income students. The Obama progressives want us to believe that...
Years ago, John Stormer wrote "None Dare Call it Treason" and "None Dare Call it Education". He explained how the entire nation has been infiltrated by communism, and provides chapter and verse to prove it. His later book, "None Dare Call it Education, 25 Years later" shows how things had gotten much worse during that time. The public schools hanged the method of teaching reading from the tried and true phonics (sound) method, to the "Look-say" method. The look-say method teaches a very limited vocabulary without the ability to learn new words. This results in a citizenry easily controlled. Our TV, movies, and media continue to indoctrinate the citizens. Bread and Circuses.
When we list the areas that Barack Obama wants to "fundamentally transform," as he promised before his 2008 election, let's not overlook his plans for education. They are as fundamentally transformational, costly and dictatorial as Obamacare.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 23 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 23 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014