Barack Obama: Spending Czar

Jeannette1900 Wrote: Jun 06, 2012 4:42 PM
Could you be referring to Timmy G? Now there's one oily enough to slip through the messy knots of tax debt. He must have a few more tricks up his sleeve. Or somewhere. Or maybe he got together with Barney; ole Barney must have a few tricks up there, too.

Barack Obama: Spending Czar

Jeannette1900 Wrote: Jun 06, 2012 12:17 PM
Forgot one thing: I had previously told my Dem. Representative that we need a "Czarectomy," to say nothing of a "Secretariectomy" to get rid of all the departments and their respective secretaries. We definitely need a "Czarectomy," beginning with 'that one."
His pants have been on fire for a long time. It would please me to have him spend his own money to live in the manner in which he has become accustomed, thanks to taxpayers.

Barack Obama: Spending Czar

Jeannette1900 Wrote: Jun 06, 2012 12:09 PM
I began laughing last night, when it appeared that the REPUBLICAN Governor of Wisconsin survived a recall attempt. Zero must be able to see the writing on the wall just because of that REPUBLICAN win; it must jar him to his soles. (I would have said "soul" but we all know why I didn't.) Heaven knows Zero has given us precious little to laugh about; we may as well, as the author said, laugh at the Spending Czar to beat all spending czars.

Playing With Words

Jeannette1900 Wrote: Jun 05, 2012 1:21 PM
Good for you, Henry VIII, and good for your son! I wish that all "special cases" like this would wind up with such a happy ending. I do believe, not having had any direct experience, that the pronouncement of this disorder is overused; the consequence is that everybody suffers -- the entire class, the teachers, the parents, and the child.

Playing With Words

Jeannette1900 Wrote: Jun 05, 2012 12:44 PM
It could be that we have a couple of houses of Congress with terminal cases of autism. Not every member, of course, but it would be easy to pull the "right" ones aside. When a child is impossible to control, it's much easier to lay a label on them, thus absolving the parents of much responsibility. That's just my view. The way I understand it, true autism is a nightmare for child and parents.
Thank you, jmg11. Without the capability of reading and comprehending the written word, how is it possible to learn anything else in the world? How to appreciate history? Geometry? Or anything else? Would there have been a moon-landing without the ability to read? I don't think so.
My own English teachers would turn over in their graves if they could hear what is being taught in elementary school today. High school, too, for that matter. What is not being taught are the elements of speech; the diagramming of sentences, and, generally, English usage and English composition. My understanding is that these days it's not unusual for a high school graduate to be incapable of completing an employment application. We were taught to think for ourselves; we were not taught to be automatons. Still, we knew it was in poor form to butcher the King's English.

Political Parasitism

Jeannette1900 Wrote: May 22, 2012 11:52 AM
Charles: I try to simplify, simplify. Can one gather from your piece here that Democrats are, well, like mosquitos? Or, carried a little further, that those who depend most upon them are the mosquitos?

Obama’s Campaign about Nothing

Jeannette1900 Wrote: May 19, 2012 12:32 PM
The guy ought to put his money where his mouth is -- or vice-versa. Or sit on his fist and "rare" back on his thumb. Or something like that.