Just days before Christmas, the Journal News out of New York published a story headlined, "Where are the gun permits in your neighborhood?" The Journal News thought it was important to publish the names and addresses of every gun permit holder in Westchester and Rockland counties in the name of public safety and the public's right to know. Turns out, they accomplished the opposite by treating lawful gun permit holders like convicted sex offenders. The story received national attention and put gun permit holders and their non-holding neighbors at risk. Ex-convicts said the Journal News story was a...
So much for the NRA's idea for mental health background checks: David Michael Keene, the prominent national conservative activist's son charged in a road rage shooting on the George Washington Memorial Parkway, was institutionalized with "severe emotional problems" seven times between the ages of 8 and 13, his mother said Tuesday.
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 2 hours ago