In spite of all the splendid attributes of competence, dignity and self-respect that accompanied the honorable and valiant Othello in his military career, he was merely mortal, an easy victim of...
I've posed this question many times. Are not the Republican sponsored ethanol mandates just a Marxist redistribution of wealth from America's east and west coasts to America's heartland?
If William Shakespeare were still with us, he would have found his Othello. David Petraeus is not the darkly handsome Moor of the Bard's tale, but a pallor, highly-decorated officer, a nerdy-looking guy with a comb-over. However, like the Moor, he fuses monumental courage with human frailty. Public stature often stands on clay feet. It's the rest of us who put the marble sculpture of celebrity on its pedestal.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 19 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 21 hours ago