In spite of all the splendid attributes of competence, dignity and self-respect that accompanied the honorable and valiant Othello in his military career, he was merely mortal, an easy victim of...
I've posed this question many times. Are not the Republican sponsored ethanol mandates just a Marxist redistribution of wealth from America's east and west coasts to America's heartland?
If William Shakespeare were still with us, he would have found his Othello. David Petraeus is not the darkly handsome Moor of the Bard's tale, but a pallor, highly-decorated officer, a nerdy-looking guy with a comb-over. However, like the Moor, he fuses monumental courage with human frailty. Public stature often stands on clay feet. It's the rest of us who put the marble sculpture of celebrity on its pedestal.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago