The problem isn't just that Romney frequently finds himself making detailed explanations, which is never a good thing in politics. The problem is that it always sounds a little odd to voters for Romney to say that when he...
Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that can beat Obama. Most people who have educated themselves enough to actually VOTE for Ron Paul, WILL NOT VOTE FOR ROMNEY under any circumstances. Through researching Romney's history we know that what comes out of his mouth has little to do with what he will actually do once in power. Additionally, most of his current stated political views are identical to Obama's (TARP, bailouts, war, the Fed, individual mandates, etc.). So it is pretty much guaranteed that most votes FOR Ron Paul in the Republican Primaries are votes AGAINST Romney in a presidential race (whether they be for the Libertarian candidate, a write-in, or Obama). However, if Ron Paul pulls it off and wins the Republican...
It's always been a challenge for Mitt Romney to explain the differences between Romneycare and Obamacare. The two programs share a lot of the same features -- mandate, penalties, subsidies, exchanges and others. Romney has consistently argued that those provisions are acceptable, even good, at the state level, but not acceptable, and in some cases not even constitutional, at the federal level.
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago