As documented on the Durham County, N.C., website, the position of sheriff originated in England more than 1,000 years ago, known then as a shire-reeve, who was "the steward of the King's estates, guardian of the peace, judge and jury of the Shire County (county court) and was the local agent of...
My heart swells with pride when I read about Sheriff Joe. He is my hero and the epitomy of a true caring American. Thank you for allowing me to comment on this. I receive mailers from sheriff Joe and he promises me that he will not give up the fight. Every American should support him in his endevors to protect us from foreign intruders that cost the American tax payers millions of dollars every day of our lives. Our schools and Hospitals are collapsing under there weight. My simpothys go out to them but there is a right way to get citizenship and they are doing it all wrong.. God Bless Sheriff Joe for standing his watch.
For many, the term "sheriff" conjures up images of the Old West. A few may consider a sheriff to have some form of outdated and obsolete political office. But for me and countless other patriots across our nation, a sheriff is the epitome of good and necessary county law enforcement.
- Ed Henry goes there: Why is Obama fundraising after admitting he has no ISIS strategy? Noah Rothman 29 mins ago
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago