As documented on the Durham County, N.C., website, the position of sheriff originated in England more than 1,000 years ago, known then as a shire-reeve, who was "the steward of the King's estates, guardian of the peace, judge and jury of the Shire County (county court) and was the local agent of...
My heart swells with pride when I read about Sheriff Joe. He is my hero and the epitomy of a true caring American. Thank you for allowing me to comment on this. I receive mailers from sheriff Joe and he promises me that he will not give up the fight. Every American should support him in his endevors to protect us from foreign intruders that cost the American tax payers millions of dollars every day of our lives. Our schools and Hospitals are collapsing under there weight. My simpothys go out to them but there is a right way to get citizenship and they are doing it all wrong.. God Bless Sheriff Joe for standing his watch.
For many, the term "sheriff" conjures up images of the Old West. A few may consider a sheriff to have some form of outdated and obsolete political office. But for me and countless other patriots across our nation, a sheriff is the epitome of good and necessary county law enforcement.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago