Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
Actually, both sides fought for the right of self-determination. The South fought for the right of states to self-determination. Some of the soldiers who fought for the North fought for the abolition of slavery, or the right of slaves to self-determination. Otherwise, an interesting historical look at the question.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 24 minutes ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 4 hours ago