Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
Actually, both sides fought for the right of self-determination. The South fought for the right of states to self-determination. Some of the soldiers who fought for the North fought for the abolition of slavery, or the right of slaves to self-determination. Otherwise, an interesting historical look at the question.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago