Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Ever notice how democrats always claim that tax cuts don't boost the economy - but then scream that the January tax increases, if not halted, will devastate the economy - but that huge tax increases on one segment of society won't hurt the economy? Soooo, cuts don't help, but increases are an economy killer - unless they're not, in a particularly fun twist of liblogic...hmmm, must be nice to be so irrational! Sorry folks, you can't have it both ways. Economic idiocy from the left. Ludicrous. Typical.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 6 hours ago