The FISA Amendments Act largely exempted the federal government from having to work through a special court system in order to obtain warrants to monitor communications involving Americans. While President Obama was in the Senate, he opposed the legislation. Now that he's actually wielding the levers of...
In response to:
The left lectures the right about "civility" while allowing their own side to skate with the most vile, repulsive garbage every day, including in major national forums such as the major national newscasts, by famous broadcasters and even national politicians ("teabaggers", anyone? Bush lied? Romney kills women? I could go on all day...). Meanwhile, the right lectures its own about civility in an attempt to remain above the sub-gutter level of the left. Forget it folks, the gloves need to come off. Exercise your freedom of speech in whatever way you see fit. Fight fire with fire. As for those conservatives lecturing others here about their speech, take your complaints to HuffPo or some such site where they are more relevant.
Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein has been presided over four days of committee debate over reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act with an iron fist and incredible subordination to the Obama Administration. The FISA Amendments Act of 2008 was set to expire, but President Obama has been pushing for its un-amended reauthorization.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago