What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
Wow, all the tin-foil hat people are out in force today! Careful folks - always remember, just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean that they're NOT out to get you!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 9 hours ago